Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Still Waiting...

I came back from LA on Sunday. I was really tough to leave, as usual. Not much has changed over the last couple of days. Emily is still in the PEDS ICU and is still on the respirator. She is still very uncomfortable but the doctors think this is better than taking her off the machine. She is awake, but groggy, most of the day. The doctors keep saying it will be anytime, but who knows.

Kathy got to meet another family from Arizona the other day. They are from Chandler and their 10 year-old son just got his heart over the weekend. They are also staying at the Ronald McDonald House and their son is at UCLA. She got some very valuable information about how the transplant will impact our lives. We still have so much to learn.

I have heard that there is a family from Arizona with twins that are at UCLA. I guess they both need hearts and are VERY young. We have not met them but I am sure we will.

More as I know it….

No comments: